Friday 20 April 2012

Brain food

I have returned to university and yes, it is 'quiet period'. I have received many emails stating that there is to be no loud music, parties (unless you have permission), no ball games or messing around outside the university accommodation, no BBQ's. The joys of  being back at university! 

Anyway, I haven't started to revise yet as I'm trying to adjust back to a good routine. Obviously breakfast plays a huge role in waking you up and giving you energy for the day and I have never understood why many girls I know say they 'don't eat breakfast'! I wake up every morning absolutely starving and would probably keel over without food! So here is what I have every morning without fail... 


I'll get up and the first thing I do is make a bowl of healthy porridge (I know many of you will hate porridge, just like my housemates, so apologies!). I mix in some dried cranberries, slices of banana and a drizzle of honey. I find that a bowl of porridge like this will fill me up until about 1.30pm, this means I completely avoid snacking in the mornings! 
You've probably noticed that underneath my bowl is a magazine, I do read trashy magazines every morning just to get that beauty obsession out of the way so I can focus on university work for the rest of the day.

Before consuming my bowl of yummy porridge I'll have a glass of green tea. I find that green tea really wakes me up in the morning and I have seen a huge difference in my complexion after drinking about 5 glasses a day, if I don't have my green tea I can really see a difference.

And finally water! Water, water, water. Ok so I don't drink that much water myself but I do try. I definitely do not ever consume the recommended 8 glasses of water a day because I would spend half of my day peeing but I do try to have atleast 2 bottles to keep hydrated.

I thought I'd include this page from my magazine (the only reason I bought it to begin with). Zoe Deschanel is my girl crush, I love her. I love her in New Girl, I love her in real life, I just love her. Doesn't she looks gorgeous. I want her hair!

Kat xx


2 comments:

  1. I wish I liked that sort of breakfast as it is so good for you. During exams I always drinks lots of water and coke for caffeine. Just found you blog and really like it! x

    http://selfconfesionssofabeautyaddict.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know it's not to everyone's taste! Water is always good for concentration levels and I'm now craving some coke haha!
      Thank you! x

      Delete